LiMe Multiplier Conference
17th March, 2015. Cáceres (Spain). University of Extremadura
The LiMe Conference, concluding the activities and outcomes of this language project, is intended for all those involved in the teaching of second languages (teachers, teachers trainers, stakeholders responsible for language policies, Non-Governmental Organization and students) and with special interest in the application of media and ICT to help worldwide migrant population develop language and cultural competences.
This free of charge event will join scholars and stakeholders from the six partner institutions from Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain and UK.
We welcome your contributions (poster and presentation) till February 12th, 2015 covering the following general topics: L2 & culture teaching, ICT supported language & culture learning for migrants, migrants integration through effective linguistic policies, language and culture to prevent social exclusion, innovative application of media for language and culture teaching in all sectors.
The final programme for the 2015 event will be available in a few weeks. Click on http://www.languages-in-media.eu/ for further information, proceed with the registration and submit your proposal
12 February 2015: Deadline for submitting ProposalDeadline for submission extended: 19th February
- 20 February 2015: Notification of Acceptance / Rejection
- 2 March: Deadline for final submission
- 4 March 2015: Deadline for registration (participants and presenters)
- 11-16 March 2015 online sessions through the conference site
- 17 March 2015: Date of conference
Call for contributions
We welcome contributions (poster and show and tell presentations) till
February 12th, 2015 (extended: 19th February), covering the following general topics:
- L2 & culture teaching
- ICT supported language & culture learning for migrants
- Migrants integration through effective linguistic policies
- Language and culture to prevent social exclusion
- Innovative applications of media for language and culture teaching in all sectors.
The following types of presentation formats are included:
- Poster (Poster Template) - A1 Size (594x891mm). Participants should bring the poster printed to the conference. using the recommended template or any other type.
- Show and Tell (Multimedia presentation to show tools, cutting-edge solutions, breakthrough applications and materials related to the conference topics. Each delegate and presenter has the opportunity to discuss products and projects of interest on a one-to-one, informal basis.)
Registration & Submission
Free of charge!!
Registration opens on 12th January, 2015 (available till 4th March)
Proposals (both poster and show and tell) can be submitted from 12th January to
12 th February (Extended: 19th February). The conference application for submission will be available from January 12th, 2015 (Dowload and fill the proposal template) Go to registration/submission form Closed.
- DR SEÁN Ó RIAIN. Vice-President of the European Civil Society Platform for Multilingualism, Belgium.
Title of Presentation: Respect for other people and other languages
- Dott.ssa Mirella Pederzoli. PhD student, University for Foreigners of Siena. Italy Title of the presentation: “Picture and second language acquisition: visual vocabulary to learn language for specific purpose”
- Jodie Griffin. Modern languages Lecturer at Tettenhall College Independent School, Wolverhampton. UK Title of the presentation “The use of target language and Vokis in the MFL classroom”
- Paula Ferreira Da Silva. Teacher of Official School of Languages (Spain) and PhD. Candidate. Spain Title of the presentation: “Falamos português - teaching Portuguese language and culture on TV”
- Prof. Robert Dębski. Jagiellonian University, Krakow. Poland. Title of the presentation: "Language learning with technology based on learner agency and goal-oriented activity"
- Ms. Regina Eichen. Language Platform for German Language Learning “ich will deutsch lernen”. Institution: Deutsche Volkshochschulverband
- turismo-ayuntamiento: http://turismo.ayto-caceres.
- Cáceres inédito: http://www.inedito.com/
- vídeo oficial de Cáceres capital gatronómica: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Travel and Accommodation
More information soon